It continues to be the intent of Mercy Medical Angels to maintain the safety and security of passengers and pilots.
With FAA’s focused attention on General Aviation security measures, the following procedures contained in this protocol are designed specifically to protect the pilots, passengers and ground personnel involved directly or indirectly with all Mercy Medical Angels flights and are in accordance with the National Policy on Homeland Defense. As you know, much of our contact with the patients is via phone. You are our eyes and ears and we rely on you to use your best judgment in regard to these matters.
- Each pilot of an Mercy Medical Angels flight may check the passenger ID to assure the ID matches the passenger flying as identified on the flight setup.
- All authorized adult passengers, upon request, shall present the Mercy Medical Angels pilot with his/her Government issued photo identification* (ID) PRIOR to boarding the aircraft.
- The parent or guardian of all minor passengers (under the age of 18), upon request, shall present the Mercy Medical Angels pilot with his/her (parent or guardian) Government issued photo ID PRIOR to signing the Liability Release Form. (This applies only to parents or guardians NOT accompanying the minor).
- Pilots, if the parent or guardian signing the Liability Release Form is not accompanying the minor, the responsible adult accompanying the minor will appear on the setup. All passenger names must appear in the Passenger Section of the Flight Set up form.
- Baggage is subject to search by the pilot at the pilot’s discretion.
* Federal Government ID card, State Driver’s License, US Passport or any other Federal or State issued photo ID.
Click below for Pilot Frequently Asked Questions